We think we have the best service facility in the greater Boston area. Conceit or fact? Here’s some evidence. We’ve repaired skis that other shops turned away, saying they were totally toast. Our bike department has made affordable repairs and upgrades that other shops have either declined or priced to require a second mortgage. Of course there are some jobs that actually aren’t feasible, but if you want the skinny, bring it to us and well give you an honest and full report. For better or worse, we sometimes identify issues with equipment the owner didn’t know about. Still, the customer is going to be better off with us finding a problem in our workshop than either (A) the skier discovering half way down the mountain they’re going to have to walk the rest of the way down or (B) the biker taking a crash because the shop didn’t spot that hairline frame crack.
Our full-service shop is ever-ready to meet your needs. We mount or remount and perform ASTM function test on bindings of virtually every brand. (Bring us BOTH boots for this service.) Our tuning service is second to none. We use a GrindRite wide stone/belt tuner, Riekmann Edger, and Wintersteiger WaxJet hot Waxer and will tune your board or skis to a “T”. Our mechanics have years of experience; no “trained yesterday” kids touch your equipment. PLAN AHEAD! Since turnaround is never as quick in the height of the season.
Ski and Board Tune ups come in 2 flavors:
- Ski Basic Tune $30. includes wet-belt base grind to smooth out the rough scratchiness, sharpening skis stem-to-stern, detuning tips and tails to prevent hooking, finishing with hot wax and buff.
- Ski Deluxe Tune $45. provides filling of gouges (core shot repair is extra,) wet belt grind to smooth bases, Stone grind puts back the microstructure the ski had when it was born, sharpen, detune, hot wax and buff. Skis will ski like a dream if they ever did.
- Snowboard Refresh $35 includes wet-belt base grind to smooth out the rough scratchiness, sharpening full edgewrap, finishing with hot wax and buff.
- Snowboard Renew $45 provides filling of gouges (core shot repair is extra,) wet belt grind to smooth bases, sharpen, hot wax and buff. Board will ride like a dream if it ever did.
- BINDING Adjust and ASTM Function Release Test: $25 Manufacturers recommend this be done every 15 skier days or at the Start of Each Season, whichever comes first (we need BOTH boots to perform this service)